Sunday, June 28, 2009

My 5 Energy Saving Tips for the Summer

Hello Friends!

Recently, San Antonio has been stuck in a weather rut. The city has been in triple digit weather consistently for the past couple weeks. I know it is just as hot in other cities around the country, so I thought I would pass on some of my energy saving tips for the summer.

My Top 5 Summer Energy Saving Tips:
1. Use ceiling fans and in turn, set the thermostat to about 3 or 4 degrees higher than normal
2. Use your blinds and curtains to your advantage. Although it is pretty and sunny outside, angle your blinds facing upward to keep the sun out and close your blinds and curtains in the rooms that you are not using.
3. Unplug small appliances. Many people do not think about it, but when they are not in use, unplug the toaster, coffee maker, blender, etc.
4. Check your refrigerator temperature. For example, my fridge is set on a 0-5 scale. 0 is off and 5 is the coldest. I set mine at 3 which uses less energy than 5.
5. GET NAKED. That's right. Sleep naked! You won't get as hot in the middle of the night which means you won't use the air conditioner as much!

Hope this helps you all out! Send me any suggestions on what I should post about next!

No comments:

Post a Comment